Re: results: debian-user's favourite FLOSS (2009)

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> In <[🔎] f7ac28aa0911180510s43a22c8bybc551ce6bdbaecd0@mail.gmail.com>, Gabor Urban
> wrote:
>>Hi, are there possibilies to do this survey using a internet-based
>>user interface.
>
> It has used email traveling over the Internet since it's inception.  That's an
> Internet-based user interface in my book.
>
> Is it possible your mean "web-based"?  That's still a bad term, since people's
> definitions of "the web" seems to vary from person to person, but usually
> includes HTTP, HTTPS, HTML, CSS, ECMAScript, and various image and font
> standards, with possibly a bit of Flash.
>
> I, for one, probably wouldn't have participated if I had to open a web
> browser.  I certainly wouldn't have participated if I had to register.
It would be useful if you can choose both methods (mail and doodle
like system)

I think that a webapp can do the hard work of recollect all the data
from people that doesn't dislike webapps and then a poor human can
translate from email replies to the database and get stats from both.

I don't like the mail chains ... :) and don't like to webapps ... so
it would be useful to have a cli interface to such task ! :)

Regards,