Re: Please test experimental gvfs packages

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> since Michael Biebl fixed IDE CD support in devicekit-disks, the
> GDU-enabled version of gvfs (currently in experimental) should be usable
> again.

The packages and the versions are
gvfs_1.4.1-5+gdu
gvfs-backends_1.4.1-5+gdu
gvfs-bin_1.4.1-5+gdu (optional)
gvfs-fuse_1.4.1-5+gdu (optional)

logout/login from your current GNOME session (or reboot your machine).

> Before uploading it to unstable, I’d appreciate if some adventurous
> people could test it and report any regressions.

I'm especially interested if automounting/media detctions of cd-roms is working
properly with ide-cd. You will easily know if you are using ide-cd, if your
cd-rom device is something like /dev/hd* (whereas libata used /dev/sr* resp.
/dev/scd*).

If you have any problems, please CC me or contact me directly.
Succesfull test report are of course also welcome.

Cheers,
Michael