hibernate and hp docking station/external monitor

Hi,

I've got a problem with hibernate and resume on my HP Elitebook 6930p.
It works fine for the laptop on its own, but if the laptop is connected
to its docking station, sometimes (but not always), on resume the color
is quite distorted - all pinks and greens. The only solution I've found
is to and restart X, which is quite inconvenient.

>From advice on Debian-laptop, I tried running this command when I get
'pink-screen':

xset dpms force suspend

The monitor doesn't suspend - just goes black for a few seconds, then
pops up again with the same awful colors. I added the following line to
/etc/hibernate/common.conf to fix an earlier problem with the external
monitor not being properly detected:

OnResume 20 xrandr --auto

Other, possibly related issues:

1. on resume the usb mouse plugged into the docking station is sometimes
not recognised, and I have to plug mouse into one of the slots on the
laptop itself. This happens even when I don't get pink-screen, but not
every time.

2. The internal laptop speaker continues to work, even when though I
have external speakers connected to the docking station.

Any tips on how to get the docking station and associated hardware
properly re-established on resume would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Tyler

Debian Testing
Linux eku238261 2.6.30-2-686 #1 SMP Sat Sep 26 01:16:22 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux