Re: debian source.list

Ravi wrote:
Hi List,

I am new to Debian (in fact using Debian 4.0 "etch" version), I have been fighing to have a valid source.list, when I try to run apt-get update I most of the time servers are not found..and not able to upgrade to some of the pacakges on my box.
Could somebody help here please?

Regards
Ravi

Try adding lenny repos in sources.list, apt-get update, then apt-get dist-upgrade, then try apt-get upgrade..

After you succesfully upgrade, see if you can use apt-get autoremove, and then comment out all etch entries in sources.list.