Re: mkdosfs hangs while scanning for bad blocks

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 09:46 +0000, "John Allen" <john.allen@dublinux.net>
wrote:
> whollygoat@letterboxes.org wrote:
> > Anybody know what's going on or can help debug
> > this at least?
> >
> > Running squeeze I am having trouble reformatting a
> >
> >   * 64MB memory stick and a
> >   * 160GB 2.5" HD in a USB linked
> >     external enclosure
> >
> > using "mkdosfs -c /dev/sd{ag}1".
> >

> I can report the same happens on Lenny with the latest amd64 kernel.

What kind of medium did you try to format,
and how big is it?

I tried this with a live grml cd and it choked there
as well.  No luck getting the drive recognized under
dos.  Think I will try making a couple of smaller
partitions and see if that works any better.

Thanks for you comment

will

--

  whollygoat@letterboxes.org