Re: Installing Postfix instead Exim4
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Installing Postfix instead Exim4
- From: Camaleón <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:42:40 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20091110144658.2ab0339f@mihira>
Mihira Fernando wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:06:39 +0100
> Camaleón <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I am in the process of installing some servers with Lenny and would
>> like to install Postfix instead Exim, as I'm more used to it.
>> I cannot see any option (under expert installer) to choose Postfix
>> instead Exim so not sure about the correct procedure to achieve this.
> If you want to install postfix during setup, you have to use the manual
> package selection option.
> If you want to go with postfix, dont install the "mail server" template
> as that only installs full exim.
> What I usually do is install with only the basic setup so that it
> installs exim-minimum and install postfix after the initial setup is
I think I missed the "manual package selection" option :-?
Thanks for the hints, I'll try first by choosing the manual selection of the
packages as there are some I would like to have available just after the
installation (midnight commander, postfix, cyrus-imap...).