Re: Broken keyboard layout after lenny/squeeze upgrade.

Harry Putnam:
> Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> writes:
>> Harry Putnam:
>>>
>>> understanding that document right, the idea is to move away from
>>> setting up X with an xorg.conf.  So how would settings like that one
>>> be handled in that case.
>>
>> I don't think the X.org people intend to ignore existing configuration
>> files in the future. It's just that many or even most things belong
>> somewhere else and/or can be autodetected. That gives you the
>> possibility to have a minimal xorg.conf which contains just the options
>> you want to supersede.
>
> So you don't think personal settings will migrate to something or
> somewhere else?  Or possibly be in different syntax.

Sure, "some" things may move "somewhere" else (as has already happened).
But I don't expect many more changes in the near future and I don't
expect the specific settings the OP uses to change. But that's just a
guess, of course.

J.
--
When you put a gun to my head you aren't fooling anyone.
[Agree]   [Disagree]