Re: Playing audio over LAN -- software needed

> In other words, I have a Debian-based server, connected to amplifier and
> speakers and I want to use that server to play my audio. So I'd need a server
> software that would listen to data and output it to speakers and I'd also
> need a client software that would act as a virtual sound card.

You may also want to consider a slightly different setup:
keep all your music on your Debian server and run MPD there
(http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Player_Daemon_Wiki).
You can then control your Debian jukebox from any other computer via
various clients.

        Stefan