Re: How to change the domainname ????

Thanks you, but this is not the answer to my question.
I did a compleet new install and marked don't keep data in the options of the diskpartitioner.
I did give the hostname debian
and the domainname thuis.local
( I did a new installation because, some programs copy the domainname and hostname into there configurationfile at installation. If you want to change them, you have also to change them in the configfiles and i don't know which programs that do and which not. So to be on the save side i did a new installation!!!)

So why is in syslog the name debian.local ????

I have read the manpage hostname

I did:
#hostname
debian
#dnsdomainname
thuis.local
#hostname --fqdn
debian.thuis.local

This looks ok.

But why is there in syslog:
Nov 8 20:14:11 debian avahi-deamon[2464]: Server startup complete. Host name is debian.local local service cookie is 3066543992

Thanks Erik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne" <linuxtwo@gmail.com>