How to change the domainname ????

Hi,

I have a laptop, with a fixed ip-address, and i want to change its domainname. The current domainname is: local. So i did a compleet NEW installation of Debian 5.0 and formatted the file system during installation. I did give the new domainname: thuis.local.

If i look at the /etc/host file, i see:
127.0.0.1           localhost
192.168.0.10    debian.thuis.local debian
I THINK, THIS IS AS SHOULD BE

If I look in /etc/resolv.conf.I see:
search thuis.local
nameserver 192.168.0.x
nameserver 192.168.0.y
I THINK, THIS IS AS SHOUL:D BE

If I look in /etc/network/interfaces. I see:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.z
dns-nameservers 192.168.0.x 192.168.0.y
dns-search thuis.local
I THINK, THIS IS AS SHOULD BE.

If i look in the /var/log/syslogfile, i see:
Nov 8 20:14:11 debian avahi-deamon[2464]: Server startup complete. Host name is debian.local local service cookie is 3066543992.

Why is at startup the name debian.local ???
I have asked to give the hostname debian and the domainname thuis.local.

Why.
And more important how can i change it

Thanks