Re: Slow booting

Kevin Buhr wrote:
Kamil Kułaga <teodozjan@gmail.com> writes:
After init of soundcard and before swap activation i have 90 seconds
hole. Is it normal? Can I configure kernel to somewhat avoid this?

Unfortunately, I think adding a large swap partition (yours is 6GB)
can be a slow operation under Linux. Google for "slow swapon" and
you'll see several complaints.

Does this happen under specific conditions? I'm asking because my swap is 5GB on a debian squeeze 64bit box, and it inits in an instant.

Giorgos