Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 17:25, green<greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote at 2009-11-05 07:56 -0600:
>  (science category?)
> celestia
> stellarium

I'll put that in results if there's enough entrants, else will go in
misc utilities.

>> misc utilities:
> printconf - automatically configures USB and parallel printers with CUPS
> inkscape - vector-based drawing program (for me, more than replaces Adobe Illustrator)
> dtrx - intelligently extract multiple archive types

sounds good

> fdupes - identifies duplicate files within given directories

am running it right now, thanks

> iat - Converts many CD-ROM image formats to iso9660
> iftop - displays bandwidth usage information

interestingly I was recently looking for a CLI monitor and stopped
after encoutering the crashy bmon

> ncdu - ncurses disk usage viewer
> partimage - backup partitions into a compressed image file
> reportbug - although I don't like to have to use it

am glad u put up a description since I didn't know many of these

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com