Re: How to set localhost name?

Phil Roan put forth on 11/4/2009 3:20 PM:
> The attached file has all the header info, I've snipped the body of
> the message.

It's inconclusive.  I suggest you contact the Windows Live Hotmail team
and find out exactly why they're rejecting your mail before you burn a
lot of time on what you "think" the problem is.

Something to consider:  You'll be much better off in the long run if you
submit your mail to Earthlink directly from Mutt instead of using Exim
to relay it to Earthlink:

Update: Recent versions (1.5.x) of Mutt has built-in SMTP support.

If the smtp option is enabled during the compilation, you just need to
add the following lines in you ~/.muttrc or ~/.mutt/muttrc

    set smtp_url="smtp://yourusername@smtp.example.com:587/"
    set smtp_pass="yourpassword"

If you omit the smtp_pass, Mutt will ask you to enter the password when
sending mails.

And doing this may possibly solve your current problem as well.

--
Stan