Re: [SOLVED] problems setting up screen blanking in X

Adam Hardy (struts) wrote at 2009-11-04 07:36 -0600:

> > Hmm, yes, I mentioned that above.  Did it work?
>
> I thought I would have to script the xset -dpms command but the screen
> blanking behaviour is now (4 days later) adhering to the configuration, i.e.
> I am not getting any screen blanking now.

I use xset to set dpms in ~/.xsession; you may need to do the same (or an
equivalent) eventually.  Xorg seems to be moving away from xorg.conf, so I have
been trying to do the same (so that xorg.conf can disappear from my system
someday).

> I have no idea why it didn't do that at first - perhaps something needed
> stopping and starting .

Perhaps so.

> Thanks for the help, Green

I am glad to help and hope it keeps working correctly.