Help, the template debian/rules is too simple

hi,
I want to package the cross-complie tools for RTEMS(a realtime operation used in embedded system), and use dh_make to generate the template of "debian/" directory, then i find the file debian/rules is too simple, just 3 lines left after eliminating the comments, as follows:
          #! /usr/bin/make -f
          %:
                      dh   $@

This is very different from the Debian New Maintainers' GuideThis is my first time to do package, so I am confused. How can I generate the template debian/rules file containing the details as New Maintainers' Guide? I do not want the cross-complie tools such as gcc/gdb mix up with my host-complie tools. So I want to assign at least these complie options: --prefix and --target. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Waixy