PPP / ADSL / demand / GUI prompt question

stephen2eq@yahoo.com put forth on 10/30/2009 7:43 PM:

> It is just that I would prefer that non-technical guests staying at my house not have to learn to start an xfce-term and type 'pon' before they can use the Internet.  If it comes to that I would make the machine boot up into Windows by default, but that would be an opportunity lost with regard to showing people that there is an alternative.

What about guests who arrive with laptop in tow, expecting to hop on the
net at your place just as they would at a hotel?  Even the cheapest
hotels have free wireless internet access these days, as do many other
venues, including various coffee shops, schools, churches, etc.  Join
the 21st century already. ;)

--
Stan