Re: Inquiry:External USB modem and Remote PC Access?

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:22:52PM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Thank you for your reply and sorry for lack of enough info . Please be
> informed that I need to have remote access from my Debian server located at
> the office to my Debian client far at the site via dialup modem connections
> . Please do me favor and let me know which applications need to be installed
> on the server/client sides ?
> Thank you in advance

Now it is clear.

Since you are on slow connection, you do not want to use GUI.  Just
"dialup modem connection on linux".

Then you can google with "dialup modem connection linux".

Thare are many ways.  PPP is one way.  getty is the program already on
your system to listen to modem port.

If you are happy with terminal connection, you can try X later.

It is non-trivial and I can not write them down here but you have answer
on internet.

Cheers,

Osamu