Fwd: Inquiry:External USB modem and Remote PC Access?

Dear All
Please be informed that I checked for the presence of internal modem on my Debian server , as the followings :
#dmesg |grep -i modem
#lspci |grep -i modem
#lshw |grep -i modem
According to the output , it seems that my Debian client does not contain internal modem . So I decided to add external USB modem and make use of an PCAnyWhere like application that enables for Remote PC Access . Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I add the external USB modem to my Debian host and please propose for an PCAnyWhere like application that can be installed on my Debian client and enables for remote dialup connection (as the PCAnyWhere does for the MS Windows clients) ?
Let me thank you in advance
Regards
H.Motamedi