Re: Local DoS in kernel 2.6.26

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 08:27, surreal <firewalrus@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just caught hold of a C source code from 2005. This code is a local DoS
> which fills up the entire memory on Linux 2.6.N kernels.
After about 15 minutes:
16799 will      20   0  4804 1504  388 R   60  0.0  14:07.94 mseak

> I saw that RAM wasent running out, but the CPU usage was 100%. I didnt wait
> for computer to hang, but I think this code is dangerous and can be used for
> malicious intentions.
I don't think so.  Using 100% CPU when the application demands it
isn't a bug, it's a feature.

This is also the wrong list; it's for users and developers of the
Debian Live scripts.  Please re-post on the proper list.

Will