build bridge with DHCP

Hey all, I need a bridge for the following scenario:

[systemB] eth0 <--> eth0 [systemA] wlan0 <--> wlan0 [AP]

I am working on systemA, which normally sends dhcp requests answered by the AP.
I want to add systemB to that network.  When it sends dhcp requests over eth0,
the AP should answer.

To accomplish this, I have tried:

-- /etc/network/interfaces
iface br0 inet dhcp
  bridge_ports eth0 wlan0
--

# ifconfig wlan0 up
# iwconfig wlan0 essid myap

br0 sends a dhcp request which is answered by the AP.  Everything seems to work
fine on systemA.  But systemB sends dhcp requests and is never answered.  They
don't seem to be getting through systemA to the AP.

I have also tried, in /etc/network/interfaces file:
  bridge_stp off
  bridge_maxwait 0

and tried:
# brctl setfd br0 0