Re: HP G60-249WM Notebook overheats (on lenny)

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 00:34:11 +0200
Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> Well, the script is quite simple, it only works in Gnome (a
> more system-wide script would have to be run as superuser and I just
> couldn't be bothered to type in my root password every time I wanted
> to change CPU governor):

This is what sudo is for - one just configures it to allow anyone to
run it as root.  Another possibility is to make it suid root.  I
suppose, though, that either of these techniques might be security
risks, if the script is buggy / insufficiently secure and a malicious
user manages to run it.

Celejar