Re: X server won't start after upgrade to squeeze

Thierry Chatelet wrote the following on 10/24/2009 06:10 PM:

Can you try, as root: Xorg -configure
Pls note the 'X' in Xorg
Follow the path given. If xserver starts, then : ctrl alt backspace to kill it, and copy the file generated in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
This one saved me
Thierry

Theirry;

You da man!!

After following your suggestion I can now get X to come up like it used to! Well, almost. It doesn't start up automatically at boot, but that is just a small bell I can figure out later.

Many, many thanks!
Dennis