Re: 2.6.31 kernels

On Thursday 22 October 2009 19:23:39 debian-user-digest-
request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> > Are these going to be "released" to SId?
> >
> > Repos still list rc6-experimental. I have seen references to 2.6.31.4 !
> >

> I don't pay close attention to what is in the repos, but I don't recall
> seeing an odd numbered packaged by the Debian kernel team. I could be
> wrong though. The references to 2.6.31.4 are referring to the current
> stable linux kernel available at http://www.kernel.org/ . The latest
> message I read from the Kernel Team indicated 2.6.32 would be included
> in Squeeze.¹ So obviously Sid will see that before it enters Squeeze.
>
> Compiling your own is not very difficult.² Have a look at the package
> 'kernel-package' and read over it's documentation. Of course google
> seems to know everything.

There are 2.6.32-rc's around as well, but not on Debian.
Why should there not be current stable kernel version on Debian?

I always compile my own. Question is that if Debian is keeping it back, is it
safe.

Another question--what do you do with kbuild packages? I have those for the
2.6.31.4 with rt patch 14 as well which I do want.