HPLIP installation / Device communication error

Hi there,

  I just bought a HP Deskjet F2290. I did plug it and everything seems
to have been working nicely (usb is fantastic).
  However when I click on the HP systray icon, the GUI report some
issue "Device communication error".  I am pretty sure everything is
ok, it just look like some permission error. Should I be part of some
kind of group for hplip gui to work ?

Thanks

Ref:
debian lenny+backports and I simply upgraded to hplip from testing:

$ apt-cache policy hplip
hplip:
  Installed: 3.9.4b-1
  Candidate: 3.9.4b-1