Re: HPLIP installation / Device communication error

Hum I am not sure which one solved it but adding my user to group
scanner and lp and upgrading hplip solved it.

 $ id
uid=1000(mathieu) gid=1000(mathieu)
groups=7(lp),20(dialout),24(cdrom),25(floppy),29(audio),44(video),46(plugdev),110(netdev),114(powerdev),115(scanner),119(fuse),1000(mathieu)

$ apt-cache policy hplip
hplip:
  Installed: 3.9.8-1
  Candidate: 3.9.8-1