Re: mplayer: symbol lookup error: mplayer: undefined symbol: codec_wav_tags

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 19:54:50 +0200, Nicolas BERCHER wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry if this has already been discussed here, but I can't find a
> working solution (I googled it).
> I read the mailing archive (here: http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg668446.html
> ), and it seems that I need to install both mplayer and FFmpeg as
> synchronized packages, so my first idea was to get back to stable
> versions. But still, I got this error message.

Check which version of libavformat52 is installed; it should be
0.svn20080206-18, which does define codec_wav_tags.

> Since I use mixed package installs between stable/testing/unstable
> and sometimes experimental (ok, maybe this is really bad), I'm a
> little afraid about installing FFmepg/mplayer from testing/unstable
> (which requires for example to uninstall vlc and some other
> stuff...)

Debian-multimedia has mplayer/ffmpeg packages for Sid which can coexist
with Sid's version of vlc:

$ dpkg -l vlc mplayer ffmpeg | awk '/^ii/{print $2,$3}'
ffmpeg 5:0.5+svn20091001-0.0
mplayer 1:1.0.rc2svn20091001-0.1
vlc 1.0.2-1

          Florian   |