Re: How to REALLY restart networking?

Quoth Klistvud at 2009-10-14 20:02...
> Oct 13 22:16:16 debian dhcdbd: dhco_input_option: Value 4294967295
> cannot be converted to type L

If I had this problem, I think that the first thing I would do is
disable all the "complicated" bits - like dhcdbd - and configure the
network manually in /etc/network/interfaces

In other words, get networking back to basics.

Then see if ifdown followed by ifup doesn't solve the problem.

If you're using DHCP, try setting setting up static IP addresses
instead.  Then you know that lease expiry won't be contributing to the
problem.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/