Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 12:09:22 Lee Winter wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Well said. I think that about covers it.
>
> Not quite.
>
> > I have personally experienced the embarrassment of such situations on a
> > couple of occasions, and counted my blessings that there was nothing
> > sensitive in these messages.
>
> Consider an email UI that offered the following choices:
>     - reply to sender (only)
>     - reply to list (only)
>     - reply to all
> This would appear to make it possible for the user to establish a
> default preference and selectively override it as necessary.
>
> If such a UI were commonly available, how would that hurt the
> community of  mailing list members?

KMail has a similar interface, which is enabled by the List-* headers and the
lack of a Reply-To header on most list emails.

KMail's "Reply to Author" goes to the From address, unless the author has
specified a Reply-To address, then it goes there.

KMail's "Reply to Mailing-List" goes to the mailing list address, gleaned from
the List-* headers.  It might be dependent on having used "Folder -> Mailing
List Management..." on the current folder though, I'm not sure.

KMail's "Reply to All" goes to any address listed in multiple headers.

I'm not actually sure what Kmail's plain "Reply" does, although it seems to
generally do the right thing for most lists I've been on.

If your client of choice does not support the List-* headers, the place to
complain is not here.