Re: Odd behavior of aptitude?

Jack Schneider wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:21:12 +0200
steef <debian.linux@home.nl> wrote:

Wayne Topa wrote:
Hi List

I have noticed some odd behavior with aptitude when doing safe-upgrades for the past month or so. On 5 or 6 occasions a
number of files are downloaded more then once.  Below is an example
on my current upgrade

Get:95 http://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main xulrunner-1.9.1 1.9.1.3-3 [8389kB] Get:96 http://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main xulrunner-1.9.1 1.9.1.3-3 [8389kB]

  So far this is the only time it has happened in this run.

  Has anyone else seen this?  IT does not happen every time I
upgrade but when it does, it sure runs my up my download close to
my limit. Especially when its happen with the linux-source and
openoffice files.

Ay-yup! I see it all the time... Thought it might be my ISP... but now
that you brought it up... my "aptitude update" is most frequently the
issue..

Thanks for the reply, Jack.  Thought I had screwed something up, again.

Seeing this on both Squeeze and Sid but I don't think it's a bug in aptitude. At this point I don't have a clue as to where the anomaly is coming from. It only happens when I forget to do a daily upgrade for a week or so. Then it occurs on quite a few packages.

Actually, I can't say for sure the package 'is' downloaded twice, only that it reports it is. Weird.

Wayne