Re: tasksel problems

* Matthew Smith <matt@smiffytech.com> 12.10.2009
> Quoth Matthew Smith at 2009-10-12 12:29...
> > So, how do I get the nice tasksel menu (with all the options) that I get
> > when booted from netinst?  (I won't even ask why the mirrors won't work
> > when they did 5 days ago when I did the original install.)
>
> It would be really nice if the installer (we're talking netinst here)
> asked if I want to set up the network using DHCP or not.  DHCP here is a
> pain and a last resort.  I've now found the best thing to do if one does
> NOT want DHCP configuration when it's available is to pull out the
> network cable until it allows you to do manual configuration.  (I have
> now done this and things are proceeding smoothly.)
>
> * Netinst should give the option for manual network configuration
> WITHOUT having to pull the cable. If there is such an option, it's
> well-hidden.

Hello Matthew,

when you boot your install cd you can choose 'Expert installation'. Then
you have much more interventions in the install process. Your question
about DHCP can you solve with a bootoption. Press <F1> for all the
possibilities of bootoptions.

Hth Michael

--
Having more money does not insure happiness. People with ten million
dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars.