Re: Does d-i work automatically with LDAP servers?

surreal schreef:
In many networked environments, LDAP is widely used, most for user authentication etc..

Does d-i (debian installer) work with LDAP?

Is it possible for d-i to get user information directly from local LDAP server, like it does in Fedore Core/Red Hat installers?
You surely can have ldap configured during install, if that's what you mean. I personally find it more convenient to have a properly configured set of files in /etc that I copy from one machine to the other. I don't think it is possible to install Debian without a local user configured. But you do want a local user: you must be able to log in when eg. the network fails!

Sjoerd