Re: virtual machines and winxp

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 10:56 -0600, Matthew Moore wrote:
> On Sunday October 11 2009 6:50:25 am Alan Chandler wrote:
> > I am not sure where to go next.  I can roll back the image to pre sp2
> > upgrade (I took a copy just prior to doing the upgrade) and that works
> > fine, but as soon as I do the remote update from microsoft the image is
> > corrupted and I am stuck.
> >
> > Googling around doesn't seem to show anyone else with this sort of
> > problem (other that some ubuntu problems with KVM - but these seem to be
> > related to a KVM upgrade rather than a Winxp upgrade).
>
> Do you think that it could be this bug?

> Downgrading kvm to 72+dfsg-5 seems to resolve it.
>
> MM

My symptoms are somewhat different: I get not only the XP splash screen
but the background it usually shows when I log in (though maybe not the
toolbar).  XP logs me in automatically.  I got a BSOD type error.  And I
was running kvm 72+dfsg-5~lenny2, tried 72+dfsg-5 (testing), and then
went back to lenny's version.  Same problem under all conditions.
(problems might have started then, but I think it was earlier).

533853 reports problems with later versions (84 and 85), which is not
exactly encouraging about what will happen when I try the latest
version.
Ross