Re: segmentation fault with NVIDIA 32bit part

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 07:41:47PM +0200, thveillon.debian wrote:

> > cat:/home/lee# /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1
> > Segmentation fault
> > cat:/home/lee#
>
> the ia32-libs got seriously reworked has I understand, you can use the
> Sid version of nvidia's packages, and install the "Debian way" using
> "module-assistant".

You mean to install an older Debian package that has the nvidia
drivers? I looked for nvidia packages, but there doesn't seem to be
one that would compile things for the kernel I'm using. And I don't
know what "module-assistant" is.

> It's working here, I tried the Nvidia (beta) script and it fails even in
> expert mode where you can choose install paths.

Yeah, the nvidia installer seems to work just fine and puts the
libraries into the right place. But the libraries are not executable
anymore without yielding a segmentation fault.

Since it worked before, there must have been some change made in
Debian packages --- but against which one(s) would I file a bug
report?

The web browsers don't work right anymore either and tend to crash now
:( Instead of being improved, they got worse. What happened to the
mozilla that included the email client and irc?