RE: Network interface testing utlity

> 1. Any errors in transmission or reception will most likely NOT be
> due to or caused by your cards but by the intervening media
That's alright and that is what I am trying to test. Both the networks cards are connected to different media types and I want to see if the media types make any difference.

So far I have been suggested the following utilities:
ntop, iptraf, tcpstat, ethstatus

Does it really matter which one I use? I have never done testing like this so just trying to pick some brain of experts here.

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing™ now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try bing_1x1