Re: logging out fails in KDE4 (debian testing)

Γιώργος Πάλλας schreef:
Matthew Moore wrote:
On Saturday September 26 2009 9:39:43 am Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
Does this happen to anybody else? Should I report it as a bug?
I googled it and found several references of the problem, although old
(around April 2009).
Are you using an intel graphics chip? This was happening on my laptop about 6 months ago, and I finally tracked it down to the intel driver crashing on logout. I use kdm, so a workaround for me was to add the line

TerminateServer=true

to the [X-:*-Core] section of the file /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc.

Thanks for the tip, that worked!

I have indeed an intel chip and I wonder which package has the bug, in
order to report it.
(EE) intel(0): Failed to initialize kernel memory manager
That must be the xserver-xorg-video-intel. First install the xserver-xorg-video-intel-dbg, then reproduce. That will probably give a more helpful backtrace for the people who have to fix this problem.

Sjoerd