Re: Debian vs. ATI Radeon x1650

Kelly Clowers wrote:
> I don't really know what to do, but have you tried the vesa driver?

I'm not sure what do you mean. What's vesa driver?

> How about switching which dvi port you are using?

I've tried to switch ports... still the same problem :(

Quick recap of my problem:

Linux 2.6.30.6-dsa-ia32 i686 Debian
X.Org X Server 1.6.3.901 (1.6.4 RC 1)

my ATI Radeon x1650 have 2x DVI-I (Dual link),
my LCD monitor LG L1752S got an "old" 15-pin D-SUB VGA connector
so I have to use convertor...

I'm getting following error when trying to start X:

"...
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found
..."

I can send full Xorg.0.log if needed...

I was checking wiki.x.org as well:

http://www.x.org/wiki/FAQErrorMessages#head-83b2f9b8c18db15e641ed9e0be8f9a8364001e5b

but I wasn't able to solve this problem anyway.

Any ideas please?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Dominik Smatana