Re: configuring xserver [Solved]

Paul E Condon wrote:
> Prior to that all the lines in xorg.conf were basically just place
> holders that contained no information about the real world outside the
> confines of X11. I thought surely all that information that used to be
> in xorg.conf has been moved somewhere else, like has been done with
> the new disagregated exim configuration.  Now I know that X11 is a
> really different can of worms.

It hasn't gone anywhere. But most times it's not necessary anymore, the
X server should be able to detect settings automatically. And when that
fails, data can be entered manually in xorg.cof (as before).

--
<gorgo> what do you get when someone cracks your debian machine ?
<gorgo> mashed potato...

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br