DVD read speed slow /w LG BH08 SATA Blu-Ray burner.

<cheako_> Hello, I have an SATA blu-ray  drive that is reading DVDs at
3M/S and an IDE DVD  that  is doing  6M/S.  Both increase speed as
they  get  closer too the end of  the  media.
<cheako_> I looked up and both drives should  be doing 16X/12X  SL/DL.
<cheako_> /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info clams speed 48 forthe one  and 37
for the other.
<cheako_> What does this figure  indecate? does  this  mean that forr
DVD  speeds cdrom speeds  need to  be  fast as   well?
<-- NicoOOoOo has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
<cheako_> ahh, the  drive's cdrom speed should also be  48, not 37.
<cheako_> using hdparam   to  alter  the  speed in   ineffective.

Speed testng is  done while reading the  media with  dd and
watchingthe  speed with gkreallms.   The tme for the  copy to complete
 also  matches  the figures  produced by  gkreallms.