Re: only one workspace when using compiz

2009/9/23 JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com>:
> Leonardo Canducci wrote:
>
>> When I turn on compiz I only have one virtual desktop. Desktop
>> switcher shows two available desktops but I can't change to the second
>> clicking on it.
>> I've tried to change "number of desktops" option in
>> compiz-config-settings-manager (ccsm) but this particular option is
>> grayed out. Am I missing something or is it a known bug? Should I load
>> some plugin?
>> Btw, I'm using gnome and sid (but the same happens with lenny) on
>> intel 965 graphics.
>> Thanks!
>
> Try under 'Desktop', enable Viewport Switcher.
Had to install compiz-fusion-plugin-main to have it but anyway nothing
changed. "number of desktops" in general options is still grayed out
and set to 1. I also tried assigning a keyboard combo in ccsm's
viewport switcher but it has no effect either. Where am I wrong?
--
Leonardo Canducci