problem updating python2.5

On a routine update on my Debian Squeeze system I get the following:
[quote]
running python rtupdate hooks for python2.5...
file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/kiki
file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_spe/plugins/wxGlade
pycentral: pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (221)
pycentral updatedefault: error byte-compiling files (221)
error running python rtupdate hook pycentral
Updating *.pc symlinks for python-gtk2-dev...
dpkg: error processing python (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 4
[/quote]
I see both the kiki and the wxGlade scripts in the folder where rtupdate is
looking for them but both files are empty (0 bytes).
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks,
jonathan