Re: Lightweight alternative MTA? [was: Re: Starting MTA:]

On Mon Sep 21, 2009 at 15:04:57 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> >         http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/skxmail/
> >
> >    Works for me on my laptops..
>
> That looks very interesting. Why isn't it available from official Debian
> repos?

  Because exim, postfix, nullmailer, ssmtp, all exist already and
 despite that we still seem to have regular discussions about which
 is best, and which is the most lightweight for desktops.

  I don't have the patience to get involved on the whole.

  I also saw this recently:

    http://blog.fortytwo.ch/archives/53-Introducing-Pony-Express.html

> It might solve the endless "let's make postfix the default MTA in
> Debian" threads on debian-devel.

  Unlikely!

Steve
--