keep a packages daemon from adding to rc.d etc, on upgrade

Hiya

Would anyone know how to keep a packages daemon from adding to rc.d etc, on upgrade, thats after I ran update.rcd package remove.

Im using heartbeat with LVS (ldirector). For my setup, a while ago, I did an update.rcd ldirector remove, but when a release from debian stable was released, naturally it got reactived. I need to keep this from running, and let heartbeat manage it.

I thought I could use dpkg-statoverride, but Im not to sure of whats the correct method.

If anyone help me, it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark