Re: Firewall solution.

David Christensen escreveu:
I'm not sure I understand "install in a production server".  Normally, a
server is one computer and a firewall/ router is another computer.

I use IPCop to turn older PC's into Linux firewall/ routers:

    http://www.ipcop.org/

HTH,

David

Thank you everyone for your answers.
Unfortunatedly, I have not reached my goal with this thread yet.

Reading IpCop Installation Manual, you'll see:
"You will be installing an operating system on the IPCop PC. It is a Linux based operating system, but it is not meant to be a general-purpose system.".
Sorry, I was not clear enough.
That is exactly what I am trying to avoid and that is what I meant when I said I wanted to install it on a production server.
I need to use the same machine to other services.

arno-iptables-firewall is pretty good but it still lacks some of the funcionalities I am looking for.

I am considering running PFSense on something like Xen/ESXi, have any of you guys done that before?

Thank you again,

Leandro Quibem Magnabosco.