Re: bi-directional file-synchronization tool

On 18-09-2009, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows a good bi-directional file-synchronization tool that can
> synchronize changes to files and directories in both directions on
> different hosts, propagating the changes between them?
>
> This is mainly use to synchronize files and directories between my
> notebook and desktop (at home and at work). Any good recommendation?
>
> syrep is too limited, unison seems to be the exact tool that I'm looking
> for, just I want to avoid its dependency (OCaml) if possible.

If unison is the exact tools you need, just stop searching. You don't
need to learn OCaml to use Unison... (maybe on some arch you will need
to download runtime dependency for it, but that's all -- and this is not
the case for i386, amd64).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall