Re: [OT?] "5.7.1 relay access denied, please check the message recipient and try again."
- To: Andrew Sackville-West <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [OT?] "5.7.1 relay access denied, please check the message recipient and try again."
- From: "Robert P. J. Day" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:28:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Message-id: <alpine.LFD.2.00.0909161527430.4815@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20090916184834.GW17141@localhost.localdomain>
- References: <alpine.LFD.2.00.0909161433150.4351@localhost> <20090916184834.GW17141@localhost.localdomain>
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> I'm no postfix expert, but I think there have been some new sasl
> related packages lately, and just because saslauthd is running
> doesn't mean it's been restarted since new packages may have been
> installed. I would look to restart that and try again. Clearly,
> users are not authenticating with the server and it is thus,
> rightly, denying relay.
trust me ... been there, done that. reloading or restarting a
system service is one of the first things i try.
Robert P. J. Day Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry.
Web page: http://crashcourse.ca