Re: No Input for Audacity

Update: Switched to a Squeeze box.  Now using Audacity version 1.3.7
(On the Lenny box version 1.3.5-beta is installed).

Initially the problem seemed the same - no signal, view meter inactive.
Under Help/Audio Device Info there was a message "Stream is active ...
Unable to gather information:

Version 1.6.7 also does not have a switch to select the input source but
the Alsamixer v. 1.0.20 explictily offers switches to select capture for
individual input sources. Initially switch for cd was set to capture.
When I set the switch for mix to capture this turned off the cd switch,
Audacity's view meters became active and clicking on the record button
started recording. Checked the Help/Audio Device Info again but it was
unchanged.

Armed with this information I returned to the Lenny box and tried the
Alsamixer input switches - three labeled capture and three that can be
toggled to mix/cd/line/mike/front mike.  I played with various
combinations of these but could not activate the Audacity view meters.

I am considering moving from Lenny to Squeeze.

Tom