Re: migrating my lenny install from 32-bit to 64-bit?
- To: "Robert P. J. Day" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: migrating my lenny install from 32-bit to 64-bit?
- From: Onur Aslan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:25:15 +0000
- Message-id: <20090916152515.GC2831@onur-pc>
- In-reply-to: <alpine.LFD.2.00.0909160750480.7088@localhost>
- References: <alpine.LFD.2.00.0909160717550.6481@localhost> <20090916145218.GA2831@onur-pc> <alpine.LFD.2.00.0909160750480.7088@localhost>
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 07:58:26AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> please don't top-post.
I am not doing. This is my 3rd post to the list.
> p.s. i don't want to sound a bit short, but there seems to be an
> annoying pattern on this mailing list that people don't actually
> *read* the question i'm asking before attempting to answer it.
You are right, I act a little hasty please don't blame the list and I am sorry
Indeed my suggestion is the start all over again with dd but you want to use
a 64bit system which I didn't saw in the question. Also you didn't mention to
use a amd64 port in your new system. I don't want to start an argument.
Please accept the apology and ignore this post and don't do any prejudice about
Debian community or list.