Re: root fs incorrectly unmounted

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2009-09-13 17:31 +0200, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

On a recent Sid upgrade upon booting I now get the message that the
root fs was incorrectly unmounted.

How do I debug that t find out what is wrong? I see no log messages
about that anywhere, it just appears on the console.

I had seen this a few times myself, bug #545179¹ might be the culprit.
In general, any package shipping a library that /sbin/init is linked
against must run "telinit u" in the postinst to ensure that the root
filesystem can be unmounted on shutdown.

Too recent, I still have:

hugo@debian:/$ dpkg -l libc6
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                      Version                   Description
ii libc6 2.9-24 GNU C Library: Shared libraries
hugo@debian:/$

Hugo