Re: listing installation minimal packages in lenny

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:16:44PM -0500, Israel Garcia wrote:
> On 9/13/09, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Green
>
> Do you know if debian brings some kind of groups pakages like redhat's
> "yum groupinstall"?

You use aptitude task list (or tasksel)

> Another question, dpkg -l gives me the complete (whole) list of pkages
> installed on my server. I mean main packages and dependencies. How can
> I list only the main installed packages (without dependencies) in
> debian?

Under aptitude, list non auto-installed packages.

Anyway time to read some basic package management tutorials for you.

  Chapter 2. Debian package management
  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html

Osamu