Re: root fs incorrectly unmounted

On 2009-09-13 17:31 +0200, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> On a recent Sid upgrade upon booting I now get the message that the
> root fs was incorrectly unmounted.
>
> How do I debug that t find out what is wrong? I see no log messages
> about that anywhere, it just appears on the console.

I had seen this a few times myself, bug #545179¹ might be the culprit.
In general, any package shipping a library that /sbin/init is linked
against must run "telinit u" in the postinst to ensure that the root
filesystem can be unmounted on shutdown.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=545179